What’s better than a kick-ass review on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? Reading your own copy of the book, of course! 😀
Blooey on sumthinblue.com is more than happy to give away one copy of the Bloomsbury (UK) Kids Edition of said book to one lucky reader.
- 1. The entry is open to readers in the Philippines or abroad, although surface mail be used to send internationally should the winner come from outside the Philippines (around 2-3 weeks).
2. Join the giveaway by answering this question in the comments section to indicate your intention to join:
Why do you want to win this copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
This qualifies for one entry. Please leave your email address in the entry as well.
3. You can add more entries through the following methods:
+1 entry if you add a Harry Potter story of yours in the comment form
+1 entry if you become a new follower to Blooey’s blog
+1 entry if you add her blog to your blogroll or if it’s already on your blogroll
+2 entries if you have been following Sumthinblue prior to the giveaway contest
+3 entries if you blog about the contest and why you want to win this book.
4. The winner will be randomly drawn from all the entries collected.
5. The deadline for joining is on August 20th, 12 midnight, Manila time (GMT +8hrs).
More of the contest here.
A Harry Potter admirer (fanatic is too cliche..hehe) through and through, Blooey’s entry on her growing collection on all things HP will impress any book connoisseur or casual observer. See also the Happy Potter party she threw with her cousin here. Read more about Blooey and her lifelong book addiction on here or you can just click on Bookmarked on my blogroll under La Book-aracha.
More on HP:
1. Some weeks ago while I was browsing through ebay, found some unique HP merchandise (read: with “slight” errors”). There was one OOTP edition pegged initially at $4500 (yup..that’s a dollar sign before the numbers!) because it was bound upside down and the owner thinks that that rarity is worth that much. Here are the full details. Also, a first edition of the Deathly Hallows published by A. Levine had a curious error. Click here to know more about it. A UK OOTP Proof Copy is also up for sale at $3000. See here for details.
2. Bibliophile Peter Sandico on KyusiReader featured this cute HP and the Half-Blood Prince tote from Make It and Take It made from a hardbound spine of the said book (although Blooey suspects it’s more of a reproduction than a genuine book spine) and a beaded handle.
Warning: Please exercise caution at all times when transacting online. The products presented above are not personally recommended by this author but merely to make this entry even more substantial. If you should go ahead and purchase them, please be aware of your rights and the possible dangers you might encounter. Forewarned is forearmed.
The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows image courtesy of sumthinblue.com and edited for the purpose of this entry. Shapes are native to Photoshop and the ribbon modeled after a product on fancypocket.sg.
Blooey just announced tonight, August 22nd, the winner of the Deathly Hallows giveaway. Guess who’s the lucky girl who bagged the coveted copy (about 9 entrants and 45 entries)? Yup yup yup. I won my first Harry Potter book. How cool is that? 😉 Thanks, Blooey! 😀