One of the highlights of the Book Blogger Appreciation Week or BBAW is the huge (and I mean HUUUGGGEEEE) bunch of contests and games. Most blogs, if not all, would host one or two, with books and other swags as the major prizes. But the real strength of BBAW is the growing community of bloggers and readers who are committed to make reading a pleasure that should be enjoyed by everyone.
Here in The Traveling Reader, I would like to take part in this yearly celebration by hosting a contest as my way of saying thank you to everyone who stopped by and left kind words. It was only this year that I have become serious about blogging and reading, that’s why I’m paying back to the reading community by hosting a book giveaway. Yup, you read that right. CONTEST ALERT!!! Read on to find out more. 😉
- This giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- To qualify, you must be 13 years old or older.
- Since I’ll be using THE BOOK DEPOSITORY (TBD), you have to make sure that TBD has the book or books you want AND if TBD will ship to your country. Please click here to see the list of countries that TBD delivers to.
- To join, simply comment on this post with your NAME, EMAIL and WHAT BOOKS YOU’D LIKE TO RECEIVE SHOULD YOU WIN & WHY YOU LIKE THAT/THEM (I’m fishing for titles. Who knows? Might spring another contest in the near future. *wink*)
- You can get + 1 extra entry if you tweet this contest (Please mention @travelingreadr) or post this on Facebook (+1). You have to indicate in the comments the specific links to the tweets or fb posts.
- Get another extra +1 entry if you could include any SUGGESTION/S on how The Traveling Reader can be improved (i.e., new sections or topics I should be introducing, etc.)
- This blogger reserves the right to edit your comments or delete unnecessary information. Spammers prohibited.
- I will be assigning each participant a number and will be using www.random.org to draw the winner.
- Deadline for submission of entries: September 30, 2011 at 11:30 PM Philippine Time.
- Winner will be entitled to a book or books of his or her own choice worth USD 20.00 or less (or negotiable). For example, if the winner has picked 2 books with an accumulated sum of $21.00, I will still consider that provided that the excess must not reach $3.00.
- This blogger will not provide the extra amount for intended purchases not reaching $20. For example, if the book/books that the winner chose has an accumulated sum of only $19.50, this blogger will not provide the extra 50 cents. The winner will only get the books that he chose. No monetary remuneration will be provided.
- Winner will be contacted through email. Upon replying, winner must provide his/her NAME, COMPLETE MAILING ADDRESS, NAME + ISBN OF THE BOOK/BOOKS he/she has chosen from THE BOOK DEPOSITORY (direct links to the books on the online store is very much welcome).
- Winner may opt to send a short bio plus a photo of him/her (along with the prize) for this blog’s purposes. However, this will not be required.
- Winner releases this blog and this blogger from any liability regarding the delivery and the state of the book/books upon receipt. The responsibility of this blogger only extends up to the awarding of the prizes.
- Winner must contact me if the book or books have not arrived based on THE BOOK DEPOSITORY’s estimated time of arrival. However, I will not be able to guarantee that TBD will issue a refund or a replacement.
- My immediate family is disqualified from entering the contest lest I be accused of rigging the results. 🙂
- Following this blog (and encouraging others to do so) is not a requirement but something I would greatly appreciate. If interested, you can follow me on twitter: @travelingreadr. ^_^
EDITED TO ADD: You can check the updates to the contest on this post:
NOTE: A lot of people has sworn that The Book Depository lives up to its business model. However, if you have reservations about their capacity to delivery, especially if your location is so out of the way (provided that they still deliver to your country), then may I suggest to just join the contest for the fun of it. 😉
Artwork © The Traveling Reader, 2011.
Fonts and other accents were downloaded from various internet sources.