Dear Authors, Publishers, Publicists and Friends of the Written Word:
Thank you for taking the time to explore my blog. If by any means you find my writing/reviewing style something to your liking, then I thank you. But before sending me any material/information about a book you are promoting, I’d be happy if you read my review policies first.
Thank you very much.
- My reading interest usually revolves around these genres:
- Cozy Mysteries
- Fairy Tale Retellings
- Middle Grade (particularly those that deal with myths, magic, fantasy, adventure, mysteries, or contemporary settings)
- YA (romance, contemp, dystopian, post-apocalyptic, fantasy, adventure, paranormal, etc.)
- Chick Lit
- Graphic Novels and Comics
- Any format is fine with me – hardbound/paperback print editions or ebooks in epub format.
- ARCs are fine but due to my current schedule, I can’t guarantee reading and reviewing your book/s on time so I would have to beg off receiving those for now until a more favorable period in the future.
- I do not discriminate any publisher whether you’re small, independent or established. You’re most welcome to send your pitches to my email (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the same token, I’m also willing to receive and/or review self-published books as long as they are within the genres I prefer and have been thoroughly edited prior to sending me a copy.
- I’d be happy to do blog tours, guest posts or interviews but you have to give me enough information for me to decide if your book is something I’d be willing to promote.
- I’m sorry to say that I can’t accept books in these genres:
- Historical Fiction
- Sci-Fi (unless directed to an MG/YA audience)
- Without meaning to offend any author or publisher, I tend to shy away from books whose covers are not well thought of. I’m sorry but I’m kind of prejudiced that way.
- I will finish a book no matter what. It may take some time but I’d be sure to finish it.
- If I have the next books in a series or trilogies, I’d be sure to read and review them, too.
- I will be posting my reviews on my blog and on Goodreads.
- Likewise, I’d be promoting your book through twitter. I go by the handle @travelingreadr.
- I have put a temporary stop to my Mystery Monday posts as I wanted to update the content and direction of those posts. I’m doing the 2017 Cruisin thru the Cozies Reading Challenge so all cozies I read will be reviewed through said challenge.
- That I will like the book. However, as I do believe that for effort alone, the author deserves a positive feedback so I will be sure to mention the merits of the book if there are any.
- That I will say ONLY positive things even if I like the book. I will clearly state in my reviews the things that I like and dislike about the book (IF I can find something to “complain” about) as objectively as I could.
- That I will be able to review it as promptly as you desire since I read mostly for pleasure. Unless I’m reviewing a book for a blog tour, I don’t usually cram reading + reviewing in a short amount of time owing to my crazy schedule. That’s why I’m giving you a heads up that my reviews would probably be delayed most of the time.
- I’m willing to receive books in exchange for an honest opinion. However, I will not “bend” that opinion just because I received the books for free.
- If you’re an author/publicist and I’m friendly towards you, that doesn’t mean that I will “fabricate” an entirely different opinion about the book you are promoting if it happens that I don’t like it. On the other hand, I will not super exaggerate my feelings about a book if I do like it (although I’m more prone to do this…hehe)
- I will be keeping all copies – print or otherwise – of books being given. For sure I’ll be sharing the glue-and-paper books to friends but not the ebooks. However, I will point them to the appropriate websites where they can buy the ebooks for their own reading pleasure
This page has been drafted on 6.25.2012.
Recent update — 1.27.2017.